Runboard.com
You're welcome.





runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4 

 
Statto Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2003
Location: On my computer
Posts: 2972
Karma: 22 (+54/-32)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


quote:

Psycho Mouse wrote:

Reports of it at the Hearts Rangers game today too.

Do you think racism at football is seemingly more common lately becuase it's at the front of people's minds and people are on the lookout for it; or it actually is a growing problem?



I don't think it is more common, I just think that it is being reported more.

I remember back in 2012 when we played at Altrincham when the referee stopped the game due to racist abuse that Andre Francis was getting and refused to restart the game until Altrincham had escorted the guilty party out of the ground.

---
Living The Dream
20/Oct/2019, 6:52 pm Link to this post Send Email to Statto   Send PM to Statto
 
RoJ Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Moderator

Registered: 06-2003
Posts: 3530
Karma: -5 (+43/-48)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


Well that referee is a fine example that should be followed, however I do not agree that it is just recent reporting that shines a light on abuse at football. I believe our society and in other societies (e.g. Bulgaria) we have the rise of nationalism and racism that our political leaders have done nothing to calm down for fear of being thought of as "politically correct" or to pander to populist opinion that is itself something that certain newspapers revel in.
21/Oct/2019, 3:28 am Link to this post Send Email to RoJ   Send PM to RoJ
 
jline Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2010
Posts: 2186
Karma: 0 (+23/-23)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


Two arrested in Somerset, as per :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50121845

---
John
21/Oct/2019, 8:58 am Link to this post Send Email to jline   Send PM to jline Blog
 
Sensible Fielder Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 01-2010
Posts: 163
Karma: 10 (+10/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


quote:

Statto wrote:

quote:

Psycho Mouse wrote:

Reports of it at the Hearts Rangers game today too.

Do you think racism at football is seemingly more common lately becuase it's at the front of people's minds and people are on the lookout for it; or it actually is a growing problem?



I don't think it is more common, I just think that it is being reported more.

I remember back in 2012 when we played at Altrincham when the referee stopped the game due to racist abuse that Andre Francis was getting and refused to restart the game until Altrincham had escorted the guilty party out of the ground.



Remember the Altrincham incident well, on that occasion it was one particular racist imbecile that was standing opposite the dugouts who was ejected fairly swiftly. Seem to recall it was also the same game where Statto made his “live commentary debut” on Switch radio while Darryl Knights was bearing down on goal (eventually going on to score!)

21/Oct/2019, 9:09 am Link to this post Send Email to Sensible Fielder   Send PM to Sensible Fielder
 
Alex Ferguson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2018
Posts: 161
Karma: -8 (+0/-8)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


quote:

M00R5 wrote:

Is it possible for a white person to experience racism beyond simple name-calling in a society run and shaped by White , rich people


Genuine question. For me it's like asking whether a straight person can suffer from sexuality-based discrimination, or a man suffer from sexism, but hey ho - everyone will have had their own experiences.

.

Who owns Latifs in Birmingham ? - certainly not a rich , white person.


There do not appear to be Straight Pride Marches and I haven't anything against non straight people either !!!.

I think you will find some employers now want a diverse quota of Ethnicity and Sexuality , so the best candidates do not necessarily get the job.Many police or people applying to join , tell.me this off the record.


The BBC has been accused of bias on more than one occasion - see internet for further details ( don't wish to bring Politics to this Forum , amongst other things to do with our BBC ).

Seem to recall Birmingham City Council advertising jobs , where Punjabl and Urdu is advantageous , but never stating perfect English is advantageous.

Some official forms eg Dentists , state White British and not White English. Black English , but state Scottish , Irish and Welsh, Pakistan , Black Carribean, is stated , but to be fair more official forms are now quoting White English, because many people thought it was blatant bias against an English person.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, away from football and thank God no bananas are thrown onto the pitch in England anymore.

Life is unfortunately not fair , but to get perfect equality for all may well be impossible.
21/Oct/2019, 9:13 am Link to this post Send Email to Alex Ferguson   Send PM to Alex Ferguson Blog
 
Psycho Mouse Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 06-2009
Posts: 2355
Karma: 33 (+66/-33)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


quote:

Alex Ferguson wrote:

see internet for further details



This is the funniest thing ever written on this forum.

---
"Taller than Blissett and twice as husky"
21/Oct/2019, 10:44 am Link to this post Send Email to Psycho Mouse   Send PM to Psycho Mouse
 
Tr0tsky Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 02-2008
Posts: 591
Karma: 4 (+9/-5)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


Putting my recruitment professional hat on, the problem was that in some cases, the best white, male, 20/30/40 something candidate was getting the job a disproportionate amount of the time.
You'll generally find that diversity quotas inform longlisting decisions early in processes, but vary rarely meaningful decisions later in the process, as these are rightly done on merit. It's about ensuring equality of opportunity, rather than equality of outcome.

That was the only part of your message I thought warranted a serious response, the rest just shows your ignorance.

---
Previous: Founder and leader of the Kingston upon Hull Solihull Moors Supporters Club
Current: Founder and leader of the Leeds Solihull Moors Supporters Club
21/Oct/2019, 10:58 am Link to this post Send Email to Tr0tsky   Send PM to Tr0tsky
 
Smfc fildes Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2016
Posts: 1634
Karma: -126 (+57/-183)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


What am I reading??? For crying out loud
21/Oct/2019, 8:14 pm Link to this post Send Email to Smfc fildes   Send PM to Smfc fildes Blog
 
M00R5 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 06-2009
Posts: 3066
Karma: 11 (+87/-76)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


quote:

Tr0tsky wrote:

Putting my recruitment professional hat on, the problem was that in some cases, the best white, male, 20/30/40 something candidate was getting the job a disproportionate amount of the time.
You'll generally find that diversity quotas inform longlisting decisions early in processes, but vary rarely meaningful decisions later in the process, as these are rightly done on merit. It's about ensuring equality of opportunity, rather than equality of outcome.

That was the only part of your message I thought warranted a serious response, the rest just shows your ignorance.



Indeed, there have been enough studies conducted that show the extent of bias against applicants with 'foreign-looking' names when longlisting candidates for interview.

The issue then at the interview stage comes down to the subjectivity of the interview panel and where their unconscious bias comes into play. Interviewers are more likely to warm to candidates who remind them of themselves, regardless of other indicators of performance.
22/Oct/2019, 5:22 am Link to this post Send Email to M00R5   Send PM to M00R5
 
Alex Ferguson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2018
Posts: 161
Karma: -8 (+0/-8)
Reply | Quote
Re: Racism in England game


quote:

M00R5 wrote:

quote:

Tr0tsky wrote:

Putting my recruitment professional hat on, the problem was that in some cases, the best white, male, 20/30/40 something candidate was getting the job a disproportionate amount of the time.
You'll generally find that diversity quotas inform longlisting decisions early in processes, but vary rarely meaningful decisions later in the process, as these are rightly done on merit. It's about ensuring equality of opportunity, rather than equality of outcome.

That was the only part of your message I thought warranted a serious response, the rest just shows your ignorance.



Indeed, there have been enough studies conducted that show the extent of bias against applicants with 'foreign-looking' names when longlisting candidates for interview.

The issue then at the interview stage comes down to the subjectivity of the interview panel and where their unconscious bias comes into play. Interviewers are more likely to warm to candidates who remind them of themselves, regardless of other indicators of performance.



Spot on my friend !...

Therefore it is VERY important to get a job interview panel who support Solihull Moors.

Lol.

22/Oct/2019, 8:17 am Link to this post Send Email to Alex Ferguson   Send PM to Alex Ferguson Blog
 


Add a reply

Page:  1  2  3  4 





You are not logged in (login)